It is important for children to have a good nutritious meal at lunch time. If you can’t afford school dinners you may be eligible for free school meals. All Infant children are entitled to a Free School Meal. For Junior children, you need to apply via Essex County Council, link below.
To be eligible you must be receiving one of the following:
- income support or income-based Job Seekers Allowance;
- Child Tax Credit with an annual taxable income of less than £16,190
- Pension Guarantee Credit;
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance;
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
You are not eligible if you receive any amount of Working Tax Credit.
If you are eligible for free school meals, and your circumstances change in any way (such as changing address or school, and registering another child) you will need to download, complete and return the change of circumstances form.
If you think you are eligible for free school meals, click on the link below and it will take you to the Essex County Council application form.